Laura Jayne Halton from Kildare named Dundrum Town Centre Best Dressed Lady at the Discover Ireland Dublin Horse Show 2015
One of the most popular and prestigious Ladies Day outings in the country, this year the Dundrum Town Centre Ladies’ Day at the Discover Ireland Dublin Horse Show welcomed a variety of special guests from the world of fashion, sport, music and the arts. However, it was the fashion stakes that had heads turning due to the ladies involved in the Dundrum Town Centre’s Best Dressed Lady Competition.
The overall winner Kildare’s Laura Jayne Halton was announced in front of a huge crowd today and was presented with a voucher worth €10,000 for Dundrum Town Centre. Laura Jayne impressed judges, top blogger and model Pippa O’Connor and fashion editor Bairbre Power with her stunning black dress and accompanying black and cream cape from her own collection. Fast becoming a name in fashion in her own right, Laura Jayne’s designs have already received some national and international attention.
Winning the ‘Longines Elegance is an Attitude’ prize of a Conquest Classic Watch, a beautiful stainless steel timepiece with diamonds on the dial was Sarah Cass from Kilkenny. The ‘Great Lengths Most Creative Hat’ was won by another Kildare entrant Linda Morrison for her outstanding headpiece from Kerry milliner Carol Kennelly that stood head and shoulders above the crowd. Meanwhile Linda Malone will be bringing back the ‘HP Most Colourful Outfit’ to Meath after her show-stopping dress from Vanilla Boutique, (Fermoy, Cork) stood out on the RDS stage. Finally, not to be left out, the ‘Louis Copeland Best Dressed prize’ for the men was won by the very smartly attired Cormac Bates from Wexford, who takes home a luxurious woollen suit from the famous tailors.
Speaking of the winner, Pippa O’Connor said, “There was a fantastic atmosphere at this year’s Dundrum Town Centre Ladies Day with everyone enjoying the style on the day. We had a difficult task to choose just one overall winner.”
Some interesting stats from the Dundrum Town Centre Ladies Day at the Discover Ireland Dublin Horse Show:
- Over 500 ladies entered the competition this year
- The most popular colour on the day was white, nude and cream.
- People travelled from far and wide on the day, with people from South Korea, Mongolia and Boston taking part.
- In the ‘Most Creative Hat’ category, the most popular themes were equestrian focused and floral
- 60 entrants signed up to the Best Dressed competition alongside a family member
Don Nugent, Dundrum Town Centre Managing Director said today “We are celebrating ten years of business and wanted to mark the occasion in a really fashionable way. It’s an iconic day in the fashion calendar and we are delighted to have been part of it and to be associated with our near neighbours – the RDS.”
- Dundrum Town Centre Best Dressed Lady - €10,000 Gift Voucher for Dundrum Town Centre
- Longines Elegance is an Attitude – Conquest Classic Watch (stainless steel watch encrusted with diamonds)
- Great Lengths Most Creative Hat - €1,000 worth of Great Lengths hair extensions for a Salon in Ireland and a €1,000 voucher for The Europe Hotel in Kerry.
- HP Most Colourful Outfit - Red HP Pavilion Notebook 15 inch, with a matching red mouse & case
- Louis Copeland Best Dressed Man – Louis Copeland tailored half canvassed suit made from 100% superfine Wool with two button fastenings.