Mares and Foals
31. MARE, (Middle/Heavy-Weight) calculated to produce high-class horses, with foal at foot.
32. MARE, (Light-Weight) calculated to produce high-class horses, with foal at foot.
33. COLT FOAL, the produce of mare entered in Classes 31 & 32.
34. FILLY FOAL, the produce of mare entered in Classes 31 & 32.
36. STINTED MARE, calculated to produce high-class horses.
To showcase quality Irish breeding stock, to give recognition to the breeders and to encourage the production of quality young stock that should in turn rise to the top in the show and competition disciplines.
RDS Members: €234 each entry; Non-Members: €265 each entry.
There is no separate entry fee for foals; it is covered under the mares entry fee.
Mares in Classes 36 may be entered in the Ridden Hunter Classes provided they are eligible.
Prizes will be held for Class 36, Stinted Mares, until evidence is provided that the mares have produced a foal within 11 months from the last day of the Show or until a veterinary certificate is furnished stating that the mare has prematurely aborted the foal.
Awards & Prizes
The number of prizes awarded is based on the number of animals catalogued. For more information please click here
Classes 31, 32 & 36:
- 1st €595
- 2nd €415
- 3rd €320
- 4th €222
- 5th €160
Classes 33 & 34:
- 1st €160
- 2nd €120
- 3rd €95
- 4th €75
- 5th €60
A Special Prize of €470 for the Champion and €205 for the Reserve Champion Hunter Brood Mare will apply.
Cups & Trophies
Cup No. 42 – The “Coote” Perpetual Challenge Cup for the Best Hunter Broodmare (Classes 31, 32 & 36).
Champion and Reserve Champion are required to participate in the Parade of Champions on Sunday 11 August. Further details available here.